Who should take this course?
Tec 60 CCR Diver is the second level of technical diving training with Type T CCRs. By completing the Tec 60 CCR course, you extend your CCR diving adventures down to a maximum depth of 60 metres/200 feet. You learn to complete multiple decompression stops, manage life-support problems and dive with trimix/heliox as a diluent. It’s a considerable challenge, but if you’re serious about being a tec CCR diver, then this course is your next step.
To enroll in the Tec 60 CCR Diver course, you must:
- Be a Tec 40 CCR Diver qualified on the specific Type T CCR to be used in the course.
- Have logged a minimum of 150 dives, with at least 25 dives and 50 hours experience diving the Type T CCR used in the course with an offboard bailout system following Tec 40 CCR Diver principles.
- Have at least 10 logged CCR dives deeper than 30 metres/100 feet.
Note that manufacturer requirements also may apply and qualifying certifications from other diver training organization may be acceptable – ask your Tec 60 CCR Instructor.
What will you learn in Tec 60 CCR?
In the Tec 60 CCR Diver course, you complete one confined water and six open water dives. Building on the technical diving knowledge and skills you acquired in the Tec 40 CCR course, you’ll cover new topics such as:
- Different bailout strategies
- Offboard gas supply capability
- Planning tec CCR decompression dives including deep deco stops
- Offsetting narcosis with helium gas mixes
- Dealing with CCR problems and dive emergencies
How can you start learning now?
Visit Patriot Dive Center and pick up your PADI Tec 60 CCR Diver Manual on DVD to start reading. Also pull out the manufacturer’s literature for the Type T CCR you’ll use during the course and carefully review it.
What scuba gear will you use?
You’ll use standard tec diving equipment along with the gear you used for your PADI Tec 40 CCR Diver course, with the addition of a spare mask and a primary and backup CCR dive computer with open-circuit bailout capability. You’ll definitely want CCR and bailout decompression software or your PC, tablet or smartphone.
After certification as a PADI Tec 60 CCR Diver, you’ll need to qualify if you want to use a different Type T CCR model because procedures vary with each model. However, you don’t need to repeat the entire course. Just take a PADI Tec CCR Qualifier program that focuses on the knowledge and skills needed to use a different Type T CCR model.
Your instructor will make sure that all Type T CCRs used in PADI courses meet requirements, such as being third party tested and that manufacturers ensure their CCRs meet a comprehensive list of requirements.
Dive deeper and earn a CCR certification:
- Enroll in a PADI Tec 60 CCR course at Patriot Dive Center.
- Visit the PADI TecRec Blog.
- Download a Medical Statement and Questionnaire (pdf).
- Download a PADI Standard Safe Technical Diving Practices Statement of Understanding.
- Browse the PADI Course Catalog.