See in a whole new light... Night Diver Scuba Course.
The thought of dipping below the surface at night seems mysterious, yet so alluring. Although you've been scuba diving at a site many times before, at night you drop into a whole new world and watch it come to life under the glow of your dive light. The scene changes as day creatures retire and nocturnal organisms emerge. If you've wondered what happens underwater after the sun goes down, sign up for the PADI Night Diver Specialty course.
Scuba diving at night teaches you to focus on what you can see in your light’s beam, on controlling your buoyancy by feel, on staying with your buddy and on paying attention to details you may overlook during the day. During three night dives, you’ll practice:
- Light handling and communication techniques.
- Entering, exiting and navigating in the dark.
- Identifying how plants and animals differ or change behavior at night.
Additional Course Details:
|Prerequisites||PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver|
|Minimum Age||12 years old.|
|Student Provides||Basic SCUBA equipment, or it may be rented for the duration of the course for $79. In addition to a computer, compass, dive slate and appropriate exposure gear for your Night dives, you will need a dive light and backup light. Patriot Dive Center does have gear available to rent or purchase; fees apply.|
|Required Materials||Night Diver Manual and DVD (included in course cost)|
|Recommend Books||Encyclopedia of Recreational SCUBA Diving|
|Course Cost||$229 includes Lecture, Learning Materials, and 3 training dives.|
|Additional Cost||Quarry Entrance Fees ($20/day), Scuba Equipment Rental if needed.|
Explore the night and earn your next certification:
- Browse the Course Catalog for related specialty diver course, such as Deep Diver , Underwater Navigator, or Wreck Diver.
- Look for scuba diving vacations to find great night diving destinations
- Check out the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating
Ready to Sign Up?