Become a Treasure Hunter! ... or Just Find the Sunglasses You Dropped ... with the Search and Recovery course.
It happens: People accidentally drop things from docks, off boats or even while scuba diving. Whether you need to find a pair of sunglasses or that centuries-old treasure chest filled with gold doubloons, then the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course is for you.
There are effective ways to search for objects underwater that increase your chances of success. And there are good and better methods to bring up small, large or just awkward items. Search and recovery can be challenging, but a whole lot of fun.
Gathering information and resources, then carefully planning a search are the first important steps you learn. During four scuba dives you’ll practice:
- Swimming search patterns using your compass and natural navigation.
- Locating large and small objects using various search patterns.
- Using a lift bag for large or heavy objects, plus other recovery methods.
- Planning a search operation based on facts gathered about a lost object prior to the dive.
Additional Course Details:
|Prerequisites||PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver|
|Minimum Age||12 years old|
|Student Provides||Basic SCUBA equipment in addition to specialty equipment, such as lift bag and reel, or it may be rented for the duration of the course (fees apply).|
|Required Materials||Search & Recovery Manual (included in course cost)|
|Recommend Books||Encyclopedia of Recreational SCUBA Diving|
|Course Cost||$199 includes Lecture, Learning Materials and Training Dives|
Explore history and earn your next certification:
- Browse the Course Catalog for related specialty diver course, such as Peak Performance Buoyancy, Deep Diver and Underwater Navigator
- Look for scuba diving vacations to find treasures, or just good diving destinations
- Check out the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating