Wreck Diver Course... Explore History.
Whether purpose-sunk as an artificial reef for scuba divers, or lost as the result of an accident, wrecks are fascinating windows to the past. Ships, airplanes and even cars are fascinating to explore and usually teem with aquatic life. Each wreck dive offers a chance for discovery, potentially unlocking a mystery or spying something others have missed. The PADI Wreck Diver Specialty course is popular because it offers rewarding adventures while observing responsible wreck diving practices.
What will you learn?
There are many different types of wrecks, some of which are protected by laws that guard their historical and cultural significance. Your wreck diver training starts by reviewing guidelines for researching and respecting wrecks. During four dives you’ll learn:
- Safety considerations for navigating and exploring wrecks.
- Surveying and mapping a wreck.
- Using penetration lines and reels to guide exploration.
- Techniques to avoid kicking up silt or disturbing the wreck and its inhabitants.
Also, the first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask your instructor about earning credit.
Additional Course Details:
|Prerequisites||PADI Advanced Open Water Diver|
|Minimum Age||15 years old.|
|Student Provides||Basic SCUBA equipment, In addition to a computer, compass, dive slate, light and appropriate exposure gear for your wreck dives, you will need a wreck reel and backup light. Patriot Dive Center does have some gear available to rent or purchase; fees apply.|
|Required Materials||Wreck Diver Manual (included in course cost)|
|Recommend Books||Encyclopedia of Recreational SCUBA Diving|
|Course Cost||$329 includes Lecture, Learning Materials, and 4 boat charter training dives.|
|Additional Cost||Scuba Equipment Rental, air/nitrox fills if needed.|
Explore history and earn your next certification:
- Browse the Course Catalog for related specialty diver course, such as Deep Diver and Underwater Navigator
- Look for scuba diving vacations to find wreck diving destinations
- Check out the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating
Ready to Sign Up?